Wednesday 4 September 2013

G[r]eek Alphabet : F is for flamingos and feegles!

You've seen most of the stages on this, so the last part was to work out what to do to define the chin and how to do the mouth. I even resorted to the computer to test some stuff out. Particularly as a red mouth just looked really dumb

F is for flamingos and feegles - with test beard and mouth done using Paint

Then my feegle expert said their defining hair thingy is they have a plaited split beard and why don't I use wool. Only I didn't have wool and it would have to be very fine to work at this scale. So I did it with embroidery thread.

It was hard work though as the threads were tiny and I should have cut them longer and then cut it off shorter.

F is for flamingos and feegle with completed forked plaited beard - complete
So the feegle anatomy is a bit weird but it's all good. And I love my flamingo.

No comments: