Thursday 30 May 2013

Please start here - plushies and other crafting goodness.

Friends, Romans, Countryman,

....yeah I know everyone does it but tough!

History

Images of 13 of the plushies I have made, there are two more not pictured
Many months ago I started making plushies. Well actually it was only September (2012), but I guess that is a while ago....errr....

It all started with this magical object - the Doctor Who quiet book made by Bantam BB for her son. A friend saw it and loved it, I know I do, and she really really wanted someone to make her one. I admit, I could make it but it was really far larger a project than I was willing to take on at that time. Admittedly I had done something of similar scope previous to that for my nephew (I will blog about that at some point), but I just wasn't up for it just then.

Then my friend found another pattern which calls itself Human Plush David Tennant/Castiel by Michelle Coffee. The scope of this was far more manageable but I did not realise quite what a journey I had begun. More than 14 plushies later, I am now accepting that although I do this for fun there is time and effort involved and I have to charge you lovely people for them.

Cost


If you would like me to make you one the cost is £15.

This is really barely a nod towards the cost of  my labour (at least 12 hours) and design as I mostly source my materials for free second hand. It also includes postage (UK only, in the unlikely event anyone outside of the UK wants one, I will discuss the postage with you). I will also pass on to you any costs for major materials that I need to buy from new.

What design can I order?


I will consider any character you can think of, but I don't promise to make any character. You are welcome to order one of the characters I have already made, but be aware they will not look identical. I use what fabric I have to hand, which varies, and I adapt the design to what I have the patience to do at the time. For example I have made the 10th Doctor (David Tennant) twice. They do not look exactly the same.

Two different 10th Doctor/David Tennant Plushies

I prefer to make geeky characters, but as you can see I have also made real people (Elvis, Michael Jackson) and characters I do not know at all.

The ones that come out best have very distinctive dress or look as plushies have simplified features, they are not portraits. I have done characters like Sherlock and Edward from Twilight, but because there is not a lot to make the way they dress distinctive they were not as fun as some of the others. If I don't know the character I may ask you to help me find reference photos or pictures.

Here is the list of every character I have made so far:

 

Quality control


Please remember you are getting a handmade object. I am doing this for fun and I am by no means an expert. You will be getting something made with humour and love.


Front/Back view of Clark Kent changing into Superman costume, yes I know his hair is really black, I didn't remember at the time

It will not, however, be a perfect, factory made toy, and may not be very durable for small children.  Take caution if you want to wash it.

Darth Vader with his helmet on and off

In addition I will try and get character details (mostly) right and if I am not certain about how to make the character best or what fabric to use, I will discuss the options with you.

Good luck and feel free to browse my posts about the plushies I've made.

(anti) Nerd Joke Patrick Stewart pictured saying "Use the force, Harry" - Gandalf


1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hi I was wondering how to get into contact with yourself and if you where able to make me a Severus snape x