Thursday 26 September 2013

G[r]eek Alphabet - what next?

Well obviously T comes next and this is where you come in. I am hoping to make the Tardis doors openable and I am wondering what to put behind it. Before you get all excited let me 'splain something to you:

T for Tardis and Towel design with Cm tape measure for scale. Tardis is about 8.5cm tall T for Tardis and Towel design with inches tape measure for scale. Tardis is about 3 inches tall


Yes, you are seeing right, this Tardis is approximately 8.5cm tall with doors just under 6cm the whole gap left by the open doors will be 3cm. Or for refuseniks of metric life. The Tardis is just under 3 and a half inches tall total, with doors just over 2 inches tall and the maximum opening will be just over an inch.

However much you beg me to put TEN(nant) in there it's just not going to happen. Consider. The Queens sans crowns are about 5.5cm tall. It would be too much of a squish.

One friend has suggested stars. I had thought perhaps maybe a golden yellowishness and a vague impression of the console.

I did consider making a hole through to the other side and bridging it with gauze. BUT and it's a big but, the letter isn't designed to be held up, it's designed to be on the wall with velcro, while they are removable, looking through doors at the beigey offwhite back is not all that exciting or endless.

Thoughts? Let me know! I haven't started yet. I'm resting on my laurels.

In other news, I took a picture of the stack of letters the other day.

All my alphabet letters stacked up ready for the next stage
It looks amazingly large and rather small at the same time. Keep on moving! Or something!!


No comments: