Saturday 4 January 2014

Toys toys toys

Well, out of nowhere, I appear to have a list of plushie commissions so I thought I'd write a note about it to keep myself on track.

I've been asked for one very recently due end of January, so it has bumped some non time sensitive ones down the list. Apologies to those whose requests they were.

  1. Doc Emmett Brown (Back to the Future films) (due end of Jan)
  2. Hermione Grangers (Harry Potter books and films) (deadline tba)
  3. Edward Cullen - take 2 (Twilight books and films) (deadline tba)
  4. Clara Clayton (Back to the Future films) (deadline tba)
  5. Marty McFly (Back to the Future films) (deadline tba)

Doc Emmett Brown

Starting with Doc, I've got the fabrics chosen and cut out and it shouldn't be a huge technical challenge. I had some thoughts about his outfit. He wears several very iconic outfits throughout the films.

The lab coat is a classic but not very exciting or very visually easily recognisable as Doc on a simpliefied plushie. It could come out, much like some of the buyable costumes looking like a cross between ANY mad scientist and a spoof of Einstein.

Doc Brown in a labcoat with goggles

The radiation suit is also a classic but not very interesting once it's been simplified into a plushie.

Doc and Marty in the parking lot, Doc is in the radiation suit

He's also worn a rather uninteresting Western style outfit.

So in the end I went with the rather more colourful yellow suit with a red shirt combo.

Doc in yellow jacket and red shirt combo

Sadly I don't have anything patterned for that fabulously insane red shirt so it will be just textured red, but I love that he's also wearing green boots with red laces with this combination. So that should be a loooooot of fun.

Technically this is a relatively simple adaptation of the classic pattern so hopefully it should be quick.

The only unfortunate part is it does mean it will slow down completing my alphabet. I'm now up to letter T, which leaves six main letters to do, plus the three extras. Although I haven't completed the fronts of two of the extras yet.

Wish me luck. It should be definitely a blast from the past!

No comments: