Monday 18 August 2014

Future projects

So while I'm blogging, this is my current list.

1. The things wot I am crafting right now. It's a surprise, so I can't talk about what it is yet till it is gifted so I can tell you after Christmas.

2. Babydoll (Sucker Punch film)

3. Book for my new niece. I'm planning on basing it on a German nursery rhyme my Omi taught me.

These are the words


Die Eltern:
Die Schnecke hat ihr Haus,
das Fellchen hat die Maus,
der Sperling hat die Federn fein,
der Falter seine Flügelein.
Nun sage mir, was hast denn du?

Das Kind:
Ich habe Kleider und auch Schuh,
Vater, Mutter, Lust und Leben,
das hat mir der liebe Gott gegeben.
Amen

I don't speak German but this is relatively easy ish

It means something like

Old person:
The snail has her house
A fur coat has the mouse
The sparrow has fine feathers
The butterfly beautiful wings
So then my child what have you?

Child:
I have clothes and shoes
Father, mother, love and life
That is what the good God has given me
Amen.

It will be an 8 page book with front cover and the idea sketches and micro test have all been done.

I'll try and share the proper sketches when I get that far but I want to do the plushies first.

No comments: